Party leadership election - the Layla Moran interview
We have now interviewed both candidates for the 2020 party leadership election, giving them the chance to make their case to you, our party's humanist and secularist members and supporters.
You can watch our half-hour interview with Layla Moran at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNuAbZm-cDk.
Our questions, most of them submitted by members, cover issues that are of particular relevance, so you won't find most of these covered in other election events:
- The impact of Layla's beliefs on her political views;
- Disestablishment of the Church of England;
- Assisted dying;
- Faith schools
- Humanist marriage;
- Caste discrimination;
- The "Islamophobia" definition;
- Parliament as a hostile environment for humanists;
- Chances of a non-religious Prime Minister;
- Meeting with segregated faith group audiences;
- Faith group organisations within the party.
YOUR VOTE MATTERS
If you haven't received your postal or email ballot by early next week, contact the party's election team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on 020 7022 0988.
The ballot closes on 26th August.